What if you could be part of a school that is situated in one of Canada’s most impoverished neighbourhoods, equipped you with the knowledge, skills, and character to live a radical life of love and worship, and gave you the opportunity to learn these things sitting side by side with those who are marginalised?
The Vineyard School of Justice is a unique seven month program run by Winnipeg Centre Vineyard and held at our premises in Winnipeg’s North End. The school is designed to foster a passion for loving God and loving our neighbour (especially those society deems “least”) by creating an environment where we learn and build relationship with those on the margins (by actually sitting next to each other in class and doing activities together five days a week, for seven months), together seek to understand the complex realities and issues prevalent in an impoverished urban setting, and pursue God’s heart of justice. The school is a community of people who are passionate about justice and long to see God’s kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven. The curriculum includes:
- Teaching and Discussion (On topics such as: God’s Heart for Justice; the Person, Power, and Gifts of the Holy Spirit; Addictions and Life on the Streets; Gangs; Prostitution; Mental Health Issues and Basic Counseling; Healing and the Kingdom of God; Aboriginal studies; The Theology of Nonviolence and Principles of Conflict Resolution; Mercy and Compassion; Global Justice Issues, etc.)
- Visits to various community organizations that are doing justice
- Activities which facilitate deeper understanding of those who live in the margins
- Practical volunteer opportunities in the neighbourhood
- Worship, intercession, and prayer ministry
- Personal mentoring and discipleship
- Readings, films, and written reflections on various aspects of justice
- A trip to Nepal to learn from our sister Vineyard churches in the Himalayan Region who do ministry with some of the most marginalized people in the country
For more information please visit the website or email admin (at) vineyardschoolofjustice (dot) org.