Anita Ruis BC Pastor
National Prayer -6.jpg

Day 4-6 Revelation

Guiding Text Psalm 139: 23-24

Search me God and know my heart
test me and know my anxious thoughts
See if there is any offensive way in me
and lead me in the way everlasting

The dictionary definition of the word "revelation" as a noun describes it this way, "the divine or supernatural disclosure to humans of something relating to human existence. It also can be used to describe things that are "exposed" or "the making known" of something that was previously secret or unknown.

Our focus for Day 4-6 will be that of inviting the Holy Spirit to shine his revealing light into our thinking and into our whole lives, communities and our national identity. Rooted and secure in His love we can with confidence trust in His goodness and His mercy as we open ourselves up to His "revealing" work.

We will be asking the Holy Spirit to grace us as individuals and as a larger community to;

know our sins and to turn from them
"see" our words & actions in light of their opposition to the Jesus Way
Commit to engaging with the Holy Spirit's work in our lives to see lasting change

Common Reflection: Psalm 103:10-12

He doesn't treat us as our sins deserve, nor pay us back in full for our wrongs. As high as heaven is over the earth, so strong is his love to those who fear him.  And as far as sunrise is from sunset he has separated us from our sins

Rest
Receive
Reorient
Ruminate

We will be gathering, weighing and collating what we sense the Spirit is speaking to us as a people throughout the fast, so we encourage you to send in those reflections and gleanings that you sense are from the Spirit to [Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

Looking forward to all God has for us as we set aside this time to seek Him.