National Fast 2024

Tina-Marie Axenty, Jan 13, 2024, 1:25 AM
Tina-Marie Axenty Foundations Team
National Fast-9.png

Vineyard Canada National Fast 2024

January 22nd -31st, 2024

At the beginning of each new year our Canadian Vineyard family enters into a time of fasting, prayer and listening to the Spirit together.  This year's fast will begin January 22 and finish on January 31.  In preparation for this time together, we sense that we are to anchor our focus in Matthew chapter 11: 28-30.  Set in the midst of the Great Commandment and the Great Commission, we believe the Spirit is drawing our attention in this hour to reflect on His Great Invitation.

Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light."

While we deeply value the personal fast, we believe as we engage in this National Initiative of seeking God together, we have a beautiful opportunity to experience mutual encouragement and a building up of our faith. This reality is born out in the biblical narrative as well as church history.

Collectively engaging in a fast, presses us to humble ourselves, set aside our egos, and cry out to God for mercy and grace. As we enter into this posture we allow for a greater capacity to hear the voice of the Father, break the resistance of the enemy and lean into new adventures in mission.  As Luke records, Jesus was "led by the Spirit" into his fasting in the wilderness and returned "full of the Spirit".

We invite you to enter into the experience through our Fast Journey updates, the written reflections, liturgies and prayers as well as our virtual connection time which will be hosted live each day.

We encourage you to journal and share with us what you are hearing as we lean in to hear the heartbeat of our good, good Father together.

Please send your contributions to the following email:

Welcome to the adventure!! May God meet us once again as we set aside this time to seek Him.

Please Note

Each morning David and Anita Ruis & Nathan Rousu will host an on-line gathering on Zoom
These gatherings will begin promptly at 7AM PST and end at 7:45AM PST

Please contact your local Vineyard Canada church for the zoom link or email

The VC listening team has curated 5 separate Journey PDF's. (one for every two days of the 10 day fast). These will help you follow along during the virtual session. Click on links to download

DAY 1 and 2 THE JOURNEY BEGINS.pdf
DAY 3 and 4 THE JOURNEY CONTINUES.pdf
DAY 5 and 6 THE JOURNEY CONTINUES.pdf
DAY 7 and 8 THE JOURNEY CONTINUES.pdf
DAY 9 and 10 THE JOURNEY ENDS.pdf